Pfizer Parenteral Research & Development (R&D) Professional Development Program (PDP)
Pfizer Parenteral Research & Development (R&D) Professional Development Program (PDP) Heading link
Pfizer is a leader in non-viral anti-infectives, biosimilars and sterile injectable medicines. The Company has a site in Lake Forest, Illinois, which was formerly Hospira, a leading provider of global sterile injectables. This merger resulted in a company that now encompasses one of the broadest and most diverse portfolios of important, difficult-to-manufacture and life-saving sterile injectable medicines in the industry.
Each year a select number of accomplished researchers with graduate degrees are recruited from top universities for the Pfizer Parenteral Research & Development (R&D) Professional Development Program (PDP). The PDP is an intensive, two-year rotational program that provides recent graduates with the opportunity to experience each stage of the product development life cycle. The program is designed to accelerate participants’ personal and professional growth through hands-on experience as part of cross-functional teams, dedicated mentorship from senior leaders, and challenging assignments critical to deliver essential medicines for global health. This experience prepares PDP scientists for diverse career options at the end of the program as the next generation of leaders for Pfizer.
The 2020 Application is OPEN. Deadline to apply is Friday, September 4, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, there will be no in-person recruiting event this year.
Program Details Heading link
Check out specific information on the R&D PDP below.
- Deliver on key goals and objectives for the company and contribute to the overall success of the company.
- Rotate through four demanding and diverse assignments in different disciplines within the various stages of the development life cycle.
- Develop and enhance your communication skills supervising others, participating in meetings, and providing presentations to other Pfizer personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Gain experience working with cross-functional disciplines including Regulatory, Program Management, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality.
- Be assigned a mentor to provide guidance and oversight of your development in the program.
- Obtain training to support your professional growth and development.
- Have full time employee status with Pfizer, and qualify for the same competitive salary and benefits as other Pfizer employees.
- Potentially be required to relocate to various Pfizer manufacturing sites throughout the world as part of a rotation.
- Early Stage Rotations: Pipeline Development; Concept Evaluation
- Product Development Rotations: Formulation Science; Analytical Chemistry; Microbiology and Bioassays; Process Development
- Device and Combination Product Rotations: Device Design; Combination Product Engineering; Systems Engineering
- Elective Fourth Rotation: Regulatory Engagement; Portfolio and Program Management; OR Any other listed rotation (see website for details)
- Ph.D. or thesis masters in pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, biomedical/chemical engineering, or related discipline
- Demonstrated leadership ability and strong interpersonal skills
- Relevant research, work experiences, or internships
- Passion for learning and pursuing a career in the health care industry.
- Academic achievement as demonstrated by research publications, presentations, or equivalent.
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.